Weather data is essential for decision-making in agricultural productions. Updated meteorological information guides production processes, reducing losses, and achieving optimal crop development.
The Aphelion extension in Auravant offers highly accurate weather predictions for temperature, humidity, and accumulated precipitation variables. Through expandable meteograms, users can quickly obtain temperature (°C), humidity level (%), and precipitation accumulation (mm) and their evolution over a horizon of up to 5 days.
Updates are performed four times a day, and the graphs are synchronized and available for plots or lots worldwide.
These graphs provide valuable data to producers and contractors, facilitating decision-making, such as advancing or delaying planting, application, or harvesting.
IMPORTANT: If the user has historical weather measurement data for their plot or farm, the Aphelion team can offer hyperlocal forecast services tailored to their specific needs.
Next, we will explain the step-by-step process of how to use the Aphelion extension in Auravant:
1) Access the climate marketplace and enable the ‘Aphelion Weather’ extension.
2) Once the extension is enabled, enter a farm and field, and access ‘Weather Predictions by Aphelion.’
3) There, you will find 3 expandable meteograms with forecasts for the variables: temperature, humidity, precipitation.
4) If you wish to view hourly data, click on the “magnifying glass” icon and select your desired dates.
5) You can also download the prediction in PNG, CSV, or SVG format.
Watch the following video to learn how to use the ‘Weather Predictions by Aphelion‘ extension: