Do you need to improve the tracking of your trials and increase the accuracy in result analysis? This feature will help you achieve it by digitizing the entire process of field treatments.
The new “Trials” extension allows you to design grids for georeferencing treatments, assign them a tracking code, and quickly and easily collect data on fertilizers, pesticides, biologicals, or testing of different genetics. The data can be downloaded in Excel format for further analysis.
What benefits does it offer?
- Access to an easy-to-use, flexible tool that allows you to create georeferenced trials to increase the precision and improve the accuracy of trial results.
- Optimization and streamlining of data collection through the establishment of standardized field visit protocols for team members, using fully customized forms.
- Time and data entry savings without duplicating information.
- Tracking the status of your trials through integration with other platform tools and extensions.
Here’s how to use the “Trials” extension in Auravant:
1) Go to the extensions marketplace and enable the “Trials” extension.
2) Once inside the extension, configure the grid:
- Number of treatments to be performed.
- Width and length of each treatment.
- Spacing between treatments.
- Rows and columns of the total grid.
3) After configuring the parameters, place the trials on the map and click the “Place” button. If you need to edit one or more treatments, you can select the cells and edit their size or move them by dragging the mouse across the field.
NOTE: The platform allows you to place the plots on top of an environment or on a satellite image. The environment can be used if you want to conduct a trial in a field with different productivity potentials.
4) Once the plots are located on the map, fill in the codes and assign them to the treatments.
- After configuring all treatments, click the “Continue Entry” button and assign the visit templates that will be used for tracking. Then, select “Finish Trials.”
These templates are set up by the space administrator in advance.
6- Finally, name your trial and start entering information using the sampling tool.